Total Cancer Care and ORIEN
Healthcare providers and researchers at the UK Markey Cancer Center are committed to better understanding, detecting, and treating cancer. To fulfill this mission, Markey has joined a network of other cancer centers across the country, called ORIEN, in offering Total Cancer Care® (TCC), a study intended to improve care and quality of life for people affected by cancer.
Markey patients can learn more about ORIEN by visiting the Total Cancer Care page for patients.
For physicians and healthcare providers
The Total Cancer Care® protocol is used by all institutions within the Oncology Research Information Exchange Network (ORIEN), a collaboration among several of the leading cancer centers nationwide that was originally founded by Moffitt Cancer Center and The Ohio State University Comprehensive Cancer Center.
TCC and ORIEN objectives:
- Provide a standard system for studying large numbers of patients and their tissue samples for future research through a large tissue and data repository.
- Perform research grade whole exome sequencing and RNA sequencing for a subset of eligible patients
- Create collaborations for clinical trials amongst the ORIEN members to develop better therapeutic options for patients.
To have your patients enrolled in TCC, please email a list of your patients to MCCORIEN@uky.edu.
As part of the Total Cancer Care study, the project allows for sharing of specimen as well as clinical and genomic data, including whole exome and RNASeq data, to be used for future research studies. Researchers who are interested in using the data or specimen collected under this protocol must complete the data request form.
Leadership contact information
- Jill Kolesar, PharmD, MS, ORIEN Site Principal Investigator
- Rachel Miller, MD, Co-Investigator
- Susanne Arnold, MD, Co-Investigator
- Eric Durbin, DrPH, MS, Co-Investigator
- Therese Bocklage, MD, Co-Investigator
- Abby Anderson, Program Manager
- Elizabeth Belcher, MS, Program Coordinator
- Madeline Franklin, BS, Clinical Research Associate
For more information, visit the ORIEN homepage or email directly at email@example.com.