Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL)
In the UK Markey Cancer Center, the Hematology and Blood & Marrow Transplantation Program provides patients care customized to fit their needs.
Our team approach
The Hematology and Blood & Marrow Transplant team treats all cancers related to the blood and lymphatic system, as well as other blood-related diseases, including aplastic anemia and other conditions that stem from a bone marrow failure. Our team works together providing each member’s individual expertise to offer patients personalized treatment plans suited for their needs.
Leukemia is a type of cancer in which the bone marrow overproduces a type of blood cell or abnormal blood cells. In chronic lymphocytic leukemia (CLL), the bone marrow produces too many lymphocytes, a type of white blood cell. CLL does not have obvious symptoms, but it is usually found during a routine blood test. Visit our CLL diagnosis webpage for more information on detecting CLL.
Markey has provided state-of-the-art cancer care for more than 20 years, and we are proud to be the only cancer center in Kentucky designated by the National Cancer Institute. In August 2017, Markey was designated as one of the Top 50 Cancer Centers in the nation by U.S. News & World Report. In 2020, Markey rose to the No. 29 ranked cancer center in the nation.
Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) survival rates
According to the Cancer.net, the five-year survival rate for people with Chronic Lymphocytic Leukemia (CLL) is 83%. For more information on CLL survival rates by stage, visit the Cancer.net website.
Clinical trials help keep our cancer care on the leading edge by allowing researchers to apply cancer knowledge as it develops to give you the best chance of survival.
At Markey, our specialists place a high value on all areas of CLL treatment, from patient care designed for the unique patient to developing treatments of the future.
Download the Markey Cancer Center Clinical Trials app.
Request an appointment online or call 859-257-4488 or 866-340-4488 (toll free).
Your first visit
- For your first visit, you will be directed to our clinic on the first floor of the Ben F. Roach Building. Directions to the Ben F. Roach Building.
- You can register at the front desk, where a receptionist will help guide you through your appointment.
- Free parking is available to patients in the Whitney-Hendrickson parking lot.
- Please remember to bring your patient packet with the completed forms. These items will help your doctor learn more about your case and determine the best plan for your care.
- Review the patient handbook to learn about your stay and everything Markey offers for patients and families.
UK HealthCare accepts many forms of insurance.