The financial impact of cancer treatment can be a source of stress and uncertainty for many patients and their families. At UK Markey Cancer Center, our financial advocate is here to help alleviate this burden through information sharing, counseling, and hands-on support.
Whether you need education regarding federal disability programs or assistance with payment processing or billing, we can answer your questions or connect you to the appropriate resources. Call any time during business hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday through Friday, email to speak to a patient advocate.
What We Do
Our patient advocate provides:
- Assistance with billing questions and payment collection.
- Screening for UK financial assistance programs and federal disability programs.
- Apply for Kentucky Medicaid (if eligible).
- Information about health insurance policies.
- Advocacy for those patients who may be underinsured or uninsured.
Patients can call or email our office to request to speak with a member of our team any time during regular business hours from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m, Monday through Friday. We will address your immediate concerns and evaluate your needs to determine how we might serve you best.