Markey Cancer Center
CANCER TYPES &
The UK Markey Cancer Center has developed a variety of specialized multidisciplinary teams to evaluate and treat the disease, which means that physicians and nurses from multiple specialties work together with each patient to develop the best treatment plan for their particular circumstances.
WE'RE CHANGING HOW
KENTUCKY TREATS CANCER
UK HealthCare’s Markey Cancer Center has once again been ranked among the top 50 cancer centers in the nation by U.S. News & World Report.
As Kentucky’s only National Cancer Institute designated cancer center, we never stop innovating, researching, finding breakthroughs and providing interdisciplinary care for cancer patients and their families. Their stories are the proof of our impact, and the reason we continue to find new ways to give Kentuckians the expert cancer care they deserve.
At the University of Kentucky Markey Cancer Center, we are advancing cancer care and research to prevent, detect and treat one patient at a time. As a patient at Markey, you have a team of people looking at your individual case, applying the most recent cancer knowledge to give you the best chance of survival.
Clinical trials allow our researchers to do the research that can help heal Kentuckians and move the entire state forward.
Markey patient Katelyn McNamara overcame an aggressive cancer diagnosis and now strives to inspire hope for others.
- Markey Cancer Data Portal Provides Digital Footprint of Cancer in Kentucky
- Multimedia Project Spotlights Cancer Burden in Appalachia
- Farish Fund Gives $5 Million to Establish New Markey Urologic Cancer Program
- Cancer Survivors Bond Over Shared Experiences at Markey's Expressions of Courage Event
- UK Receives Renewed $11.4 Million Grant to Further Cancer Research