Markey Cancer Center Research Day
Markey Cancer Center Research Day is an exciting and informative event that showcases the innovative cancer research projects happening across all disciplines at the University of Kentucky. This single-day event provides a platform for the UK research community to share their work and collaborate with others. Attendees will have the opportunity to participate in a poster session, attend oral presentations, and hear from experts during the Susan B. Lester and Gilbert H. Friedell, MD, Memorial Lectures.
Gilbert H. Friedell Memorial Lecture
Susan B. Lester Memorial Lecture
Markey Cancer Center Research Day (MCCRD) is a single-day event showcasing current cancer research projects throughout all disciplines at the University of Kentucky.
The UK research community will have the opportunity to share its work in an atmosphere of learning and collaboration throughout the day via:
- Poster Session
- Oral presentations (invited from abstract submissions)
- Exhibit Hall/Luncheon
- State of the Cancer Center Address
- Susan B. Lester Memorial Lecture
- Gilbert H. Friedell, MD, Memorial Lecture
Prizes are awarded to graduate students and to post-doctoral fellows for the best posters in categories such as basic science, clinical, translational, population-based and more.
In addition to the poster competition, the judges select abstracts to be presented during the morning oral presentations from among from graduate students, post doctoral fellows and junior faculty members.
Presented by the Markey Cancer Center and the UK Markey Cancer Foundation.
For questions or assistance, please contact Sandra Shepherd, MCC Event Coordinator.
- Abstracts are limited to 525 words or less.
- Tables and illustrations should be kept relatively simple.
- Type size, lines, and symbols in illustrations should be sufficiently large and bold to be comprehensible from a viewing distance of up to 6 feet.
- Each poster should contain a top panel containing the title of the abstract and the names of the authors.
- Illustrative material should be arranged in a logical order from top-down and left-to-right.
- The poster board assigned to each presenter has a usable area of 8 feet in width and 4 feet in height.
- Pushpins will be provided.