- Stomach cancer
- Gallbladder cancer
- Appendix cancer
- Pancreas cancer
- Liver cancer
- Gastrointestinal cancer
- Esophageal cancer
- Pancreatic cancer (adenocarcinoma, neuroendocrine, and precancerous disease)
- Liver cancer (hepatocellular cancer, cholangiocarcinoma, and metastatic cancer)
- Stomach cancer
- Small intestine cancer
- Peritoneal surface cancers (appendix, colorectal, gastric, mesothelioma, and primary peritoneal)
- Cytoreductive surgery and hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC)
- Robotic surgery for cancers of the liver, pancreas, stomach, and small intestine
Joseph Kim, MD, FACS, earned his medical degree from the Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine. He then completed a residency in general surgery at the University of Cincinnati College of Medicine.
Dr. Kim completed a clinical and research fellowship in surgical oncology at the John Wayne Cancer Institute in Santa Monica, California. Additionally, Dr. Kim’s experience includes surgical oncology leadership roles at City of Hope in Duarte, California, and the State University of New York at Stony Brook, where he specialized in gastrointestinal cancers.
His clinical interests include the surgical treatment of hepatobiliary, gastric and pancreatic cancers. Dr. Kim performs hyperthermic intraperitoneal chemotherapy (HIPEC), an innovative procedure that delivers chemotherapy to the abdomen during surgery. He has performed more than 100 complex robotic GI procedures and has more than 15 years of experience with HIPEC procedures.
Dr. Kim is board certified in surgical oncology and specializes in the treatment of hepatobiliary and gastrointestinal cancers. He is a member of the surgical oncology team at the UK Markey Cancer Center dedicated to multidisciplinary evaluation and treatment.
- Professor of Surgery
- fixes empty view field issueJoseph Kim, MD - UK HealthCareMarkey Cancer Center's Dr. Joseph Kim discusses HIPEC and surgical oncologyJoseph Kim, MD - UK HealthCareMarkey Cancer Center's Dr. Joseph Kim discusses HIPEC and surgical oncology
Training & Education
Certifications and Special Training
Insurance policies can vary widely. Please check with your doctor/clinic for specific insurance information before your visit or procedure to avoid unexpected out-of-pocket costs.See list of insurers