The Section of Surgical Oncology is responsible for the care of patients requiring operative intervention for the treatment of cancer.
Our surgeons and staff are involved with the care of patients at the University of Kentucky Albert B. Chandler Hospital and the UK Markey Cancer Center. Surgical Oncology manages multidisciplinary clinics for breast disease, GI malignancy and melanoma.
This section is actively involved in research investigating cancer immunology, the role of biological response modifiers in the treatment of head and neck cancer, and translational research applying gene therapy to malignancies.
- Breast disease
- Gastrointestinal oncology
- GI cancer growth
- GI physiology and endocrinology
- Head and neck cancer
- Molecular mechanisms of normal intestinal development
- Pancreatic cancer
- Skin cancer
- Surgical oncology
- Thyroid oncology
- Tumors of the pancreas
- 800 Rose St. First Floor Lexington, KY 40536
- 740 S. Limestone First Floor, Wing D, Room L119 Lexington, KY 40536
HoursSun: ClosedMon-Fri: 7:30 am - 5:00 pmSat: Closed
- 800 Rose St. Second Floor Lexington, KY 40536