Cornea and External Disease
Cornea and external diseases range from refractive disorders to pink eye and dry eye.
We provide comprehensive medical and surgical management of conditions involving the cornea, conjunctiva and ocular surface, as well as disorders of the anterior chamber, iris and lens.
The cornea service evaluates and treats conditions including:
- Fuchs dystrophy as well as other corneal dystrophies.
- Corneal edema (swelling).
- Ocular infections including conjunctivitis and ulcers.
- Herpetic infections.
- Recurrent erosions.
- Dry eye.
- Autoimmune diseases affecting the cornea and ocular surface.
- Ocular trauma, burns and scars.
- Ocular surface tumors.
- Corneal transplantation (both full and partial thickness).
- Cataract surgery.
- Pterygium surgery.
- Amniotic membrane transplants.
- Ocular surface tumor treatment both surgical and with topical chemotherapy.
- Corneal topography.