UK Retail Pharmacy hours for Thanksgiving holiday, Nov. 23-25
In observance of the Thanksgiving holiday this week, hours at some UK Retail Pharmacy locations will change.
As always, Chandler Retail Pharmacy will remain open for the holiday. The pharmacy is open 24 hours a day every day and NEVER CLOSES. Chandler Retail Pharmacy is located on the first floor of Chandler Pavilion A behind the gift shop. Staff at Chandler Retail Pharmacy can access all prescriptions in our system, regardless of which location the prescription was routed to.
The Apothecary, at UK Gatton Student Center, will be open 7:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Wednesday, Nov. 23, and then will be closed Thursday and Friday.
UK Good Samaritan Retail Pharmacy, located just off the main entrance of UK Good Samaritan Hospital, will be closed Thanksgiving Day, but will be open 7 a.m. – 10 p.m. on Friday, Nov. 25.
UK Fountain Court Retail Pharmacy, 245 Fountain Court, will be closed Thanksgiving Day, but will be open 8 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Friday.
Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy, University Health Service Pharmacy, Turfland Retail Pharmacy and Bluegrass Clinic Pharmacy will be closed Thursday and Friday, Nov. 24-25.
The UK PharmacistCare Clinic, 245 Fountain Court Room 220, will also be closed Thursday and Friday.
Meds to Beds will operate from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Chandler and Good Samaritan. Both will have normal hours on Friday, Nov. 26.
Reach any of our pharmacy locations by calling toll-free 833-333-UKRx (8579).
Kentucky Clinic, Turfland Pharmacies extend hours beginning Sunday, March 27
Two UK Retail Pharmacy locations will have new hours beginning Sunday, March 27.
Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy and Turfland Clinic Pharmacy will be open from 7:30 a.m. to 9 p.m. Monday through Friday and 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy is located near the main information desk on the first floor of the Kentucky Clinic building. Turfland Retail Pharmacy is located inside UK HealthCare – Turfland on Harrodsburg Road in Lexington, behind the Barnstable Brown Diabetes Center.
Like all UK Retail Pharmacy locations, Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy and Turfland Retail Pharmacy are open to everyone and accept most insurance plans. Free mail delivery is available on request for most prescriptions. The pharmacies also offer half off most copays to UK HMO/PPO members who see a UK provider.
For more information on UK Retail Pharmacies, call toll-free 833-333-UKRx (8579).
Chandler tech Josh Gray honored for patient safety
Josh Gray, a senior technician in our Chandler Hospital inpatient pharmacy, recently received one of the highest honors a UK HealthCare employee can get. Josh was awarded a UK-blue jacket by hospital and Pharmacy leaders. The jacket is UK HealthCare’s way of recognizing people who go over and above to make sure our patients get the best possible care. Josh, who has worked with our sterile compounding team since March 2020, has demonstrated extraordinary dedication to making sure compounded medications are always prepared with the utmost care and precision. Go Josh! We could not be more proud of him.
UK Chandler is now the only 24/7 pharmacy inside New Circle Road
UK Chandler Retail Pharmacy recently became the only 24-hour pharmacy inside New Circle Road in Lexington and one of only two all-night pharmacies in all of Lexington, as other area pharmacies have shortened their hours.
Chandler Pharmacy, located on the first floor UK Chandler Hospital Pavilion A behind the gift shop, moved to overnight service in January 2019 in an effort to provide better service for patients in our emergency department and others with late-night medication needs. The pharmacy, which is open to the public, never closes.
Parking at UK Chandler Pharmacy is easy. A designated short-term parking spot on the front loop of the hospital offers a convenient way to park and run into the pharmacy for prescription pickup. Thirty minutes of free parking is also available in the UK HealthCare Garage at 110 Transcript Ave., directly across S. Limestone from the hospital. The concourse bridge at Level C of the garage offers safe passage across S. Limestone and ends just steps from the pharmacy.
Security is onsite at all times for your peace of mind.
UK Chandler is one of five convenient UK Retail Pharmacy locations. All locations are open to everyone and accept most insurance plans.
The other locations are:
- Kentucky Clinic Retail Pharmacy, first floor of the Kentucky Clinic building, near the information desk.
- Turfland Retail Pharmacy, inside the UK Turfland Outpatient Services Center on Harrodsburg Road.
- UK Good Samaritan Retail Pharmacy, just inside the main hospital entrance.
- University Health Service Retail Pharmacy, first floor of the UHS building.
We also offer a Specialty Pharmacy to serve those who take especially high-cost or high-risk medications.
Our pharmacies offer:
- Easy refill requests using the free RefillPro app, which can be downloaded for iPhone or Android.
- Mail delivery at no extra cost. Requests made by 1 p.m. are usually mailed the same day.
- Half off most copays, up to $60, for UK HMO/PPO members who see a UK provider.
- A selection of over-the-counter items.
- Free medication consultations with our expert pharmacists.
Our Turfland, Kentucky Clinic and Good Samaritan locations are also offering curbside pickup on request. All locations are open for in-person prescription pickup.
To reach UK Chandler Retail Pharmacy, call 859-218-3340.
Curbside pickup now available at Kentucky Clinic, Turfland
UK Retail Pharmacies are now offering curbside prescription pickup at our Kentucky Clinic and Turfland locations.
To arrange to pick up your prescription using our socially distant process, call the location of your choice and request curbside delivery. You will be given a time window in which to do your pickup.
At your assigned time, park in the designated waiting area and call the number on the signs to let us know you have arrived.
If you have previously filled your prescription at another UK Retail Pharmacy location, it’s no problem. Just call us and tell us where you’d like to pick up. We can also help you move your prescriptions from any outside pharmacy.
Mail delivery also available
For prescriptions that are not needed immediately, our pharmacies also offer delivery by mail at no extra cost. Prescriptions are mailed the day they are requested (although there may be some delays given the current situation). Call any location to request mail delivery. Our other locations can be reached at:
- Chandler Retail Pharmacy – 859-218-3340
- Good Samaritan Retail Pharmacy – 859-218-4777
- University Health Service Retail Pharmacy – 859-257-6451
As always, UK employees who are members of the UK-HMO or PPO receive half off most copays (up to $60) on prescriptions written by UK providers, and many common medications are just $4 (cash price) for a 30-day supply.
Visit ukpharmacy.org for more information.
Prescriptions by mail at no added cost
In light of the current COVID-19 crisis, we would like to remind you that UK Retail Pharmacies offer mail delivery at no extra cost to you.
(*Please note that due to overwhelming demand for this service at this time, your prescription order may be delayed by several days. Please order your refills well before you run out of your current prescription to ensure you do not miss doses of your medication.)
If your prescriptions are currently at another pharmacy, we can help you move them to our pharmacies. Call the location of your choice to request this service.
Our pharmacies also offer:
- Many medications just $4 (cash price) for a 30-day supply.
- Half-off most copays (up to $60) for UK Health Plans (UK-HMO/PPO) members when the prescription is written by a UK provider.
- Free medication counseling on request.
To request a refill, download the free Refill Pro app for iPhone or Android and follow the easy instructions. There is a place in the app for you to request mail delivery.
You can also call one of our locations. Be sure to have your prescription number handy – it’s on your medication bottle.
- Chandler Retail Pharmacy – 859-218-3340
- Kentucky Clinic Pharmacy – 859-323-5855
- Turfland Retail Pharmacy – 859-257-5899
- Good Samaritan Retail Pharmacy – 859-218-4777
- University Health Service Retail Pharmacy* – 859-257-6451
*Please note that our University Health Service location does not provide mail service at this time. If your prescription was previously filled at the University Health pharmacy, call us and we will transfer your prescription to one of our locations to set up mail delivery. Please let us know if there are other ways we can be of service to you. Our thoughts are with you during this anxious time.
Retail pharmacy services
All of our retail pharmacies offer:
- Online prescription refills.
- Convenient mail-order service.
- $4 drug program, offering 30-day supplies of many medications for just $4 (cash price). View a list of eligible medications »
- Additional copay discounts of up to half off for UK Health Plans members.
- Prescriptions ready for pick up when the patient is discharged.
- Medication therapy management.
- Flu shots and other vaccines administered on site.
- Counseling on your medications (including proper usage, storage and full review of all the medications you are taking).
- Tobacco-cessation support.