In addition to state and national resources, UK HealthCare has a number of resources available to assist you with breastfeeding, including clinics, education and help lines.
UK HealthCare resources
- UK Lactation Warm Line: 859-550-3840
- Mommy and Me Breastfeeding Clinic: 859-323-6211
- Twilight Children’s Clinic: 859-257-6730
- Childbirth/Prenatal Education: 859-323-2750
The UK Childbirth Education Program offers a wide variety of prenatal classes and support resources to help expectant parents and their support networks with all the physical, emotional and lifestyle changes that come with having a baby.
State and local resources
Breastfeeding resources through your local health department
- Your Health Department may have many programs that can help you with breastfeeding:
- WIC (healthy foods for you and baby).
- WIC Breastfeeding Peer Counselors (personalized breastfeeding help).
- HANDS (parent mentoring).
- To find your local health department visit:
- You can also call the Kentucky WIC Program’s State Office: 1-877-597-0367.
- Live in Fayette County? Call WIC at 859-288-2483.
- For more information on the program visit: Kentucky WIC Program.
Other breastfeeding resources
- Kentucky La Leche League.
- La Leche League is an international, nonprofit, nonsectarian organization dedicated to providing education, information, support, and encouragement to families who want to breastfeed or chest feed their babies.
- For more information visit: La Leche League USA.
- Find a lactation consultant.
- If you need hands-on help, search for someone with the International Lactation Consultant Association's Lactation Consultant Directory.