Vincent W. Prusick, MD
- Spinal deformity
- Hip dysplasia (infantile and older adolescent manifestations)
- Congenital pediatric deformities or other developmental abnormalities
- Pediatric trauma
- Spinal deformity correction, including growing instrumentation in the younger population or definitive fusions in teenagers
- Hip and pelvic osteotomies
- Limb-lengthening procedures
- Club foot casting
- Fixation of all types of fractures
Vincent Prusick, MD, grew up in Michigan and earned his medical degree from Michigan State University. He completed his residency in orthopaedic surgery and general surgery at UK and his fellowship in pediatric orthopaedics at Monroe Carell Jr. Children’s Hospital at Vanderbilt in Nashville, Tenn.
Dr. Prusick joined UK HealthCare as an orthopaedic surgeon in the summer of 2018 and practices at Shriners Hospitals for Children Medical Center in Lexington. He holds a faculty appointment in the UK College of Medicine as an assistant professor of orthopaedic surgery. His primary research interests are spinal deformity and trauma.
I’ve always enjoyed working with children. I’m grateful to have the opportunity to help kids who have been affected by congenital conditions improve their function and quality of life, as well as help kids who have suffered traumatic injuries return to their pre-trauma status and to their normal activities.
- Assistant Professor of Orthopaedic Surgery
Training & Education
Insurance policies can vary widely. Please check with your doctor/clinic for specific insurance information before your visit or procedure to avoid unexpected out-of-pocket costs.See list of insurers