- All aspects of neurosurgery: spinal surgery, surgery of brain tumors and cerebrovascular surgery
- Spine Surgery
- Anterior cervical cisectomy and fusion (ACDF)
- Cervical laminectomy and lateral mass fusion
- Lumbar microdiscectomy (LMD)
- Lumbar hemilaminotomy
- Bilateral laminar and lateral recess decompression
- Cervical laminectomy for excision of spinal cord tumor
- Lumbar laminectomy for resection of synovial cyst
Dr. Haran Ramachandran is an Assistant Professor in the Department of Neurosurgery at the University of Kentucky. He trained in medicine and neurosurgery at the Christian Medical College and Hospital, Vellore, India, a premier medical institution where neurosurgery and neurosurgical training first started. After obtaining his MBBS and MCh degrees, he joined his alma mater as an academic faculty where he practiced for 15 years.
After relocating to the US, he completed residency training in Neurosurgery at Tufts Medical Center in Boston. He then continued as an attending neurosurgeon for the last 10 years at the Lahey Clinic in Boston. He is board certified by the American Board of Neurological Surgery. His 30-year experience covers all aspects of neurosurgery: spinal surgery, surgery of brain tumors and cerebrovascular surgery. He has a special interest in spine surgery, the treatment of neck and back pain and the treatment of trigeminal neuralgia.
- Assistant Professor of Neurosurgery
Training & Education
Certifications and Special Training
Insurance policies can vary widely. Please check with your doctor/clinic for specific insurance information before your visit or procedure to avoid unexpected out-of-pocket costs.See list of insurers