Dress for Success at Your Nursing Interview
- A neutral-colored suit in navy, black, gray or another neutral color with a skirt or pants.
- Skirt length should be above the knees.
- Blouses should be cotton (ironed and stain free) or silk (white, pastel or primary color)
- If wearing a suit with a skirt, pantyhose should be flawless (without runs), and a conservative color (neutral or nude).
- If wearing a suit with pants, knee highs or trouser socks. Always bring an extra pair of panty hose.
- Basic pumps (1-2 inch heels). No strappy sandals, no open toe shoes or platforms.
- Simple accessories such as earrings, necklace, bracelets or rings. No visible body piercings including nose rings, gages, tongue rings or eyebrow rings.
- Make up should be in conservative tones.
- Minimal perfume.
- Black leather bag and/or padfolio to carry extra resumes, your questions, a pen, notes or examples you've written down and don't forget to bring a bottle of water.
- A two piece dark suit in navy or another dark color.
- A tie in a simple pattern that matches the other colors in your suit.
- A button-down dress shirt (white or pastel).
- Polished dress shoes in a dark color.
- No earrings. If you normally wear one, take it out.
- Get a haircut, short hair always fares best.
- Clean trimmed fingernails.
- Minimal cologne.
- Light briefcase or portfolio case.