Weight Loss Surgery Seminar
Weight loss surgery can have long-lasting benefits for your health. Our online seminar below will show you the surgical and non-surgical options you have for your weight loss goals.
Watch our online seminar
After you view the online seminar, please complete the form below if you would like to receive more information about weight loss surgery at UK HealthCare.
Who qualifies for weight loss surgery?
To be eligible for weight loss surgery, you must be at least 18 years old and meet one of these two requirements:
- BMI (body mass index) of 35 with other conditions (comorbidities), such as diabetes, high blood pressure, or sleep apnea
- BMI of 40 or more without comorbidities
You also need to be able to walk the length of a hallway or about 50 yards. This helps ensure you are healthy enough to handle weight loss surgery and the recovery process. And remember: Weight loss surgery alone isn’t enough. You also need to make a lifelong commitment to yourself to follow a healthy diet and get regular exercise.
Learn from our weight loss experts
We want you to decide if weight loss surgery is right for you. During our online weight loss surgery seminar, you’ll hear more about our team and we will explain the process and share details about:
- Long-term health effects of being overweight
- Different options for weight loss surgery
- The types of procedures we offer
- Benefits and risks of weight loss surgery