Toy Drive Wish List
While we are grateful for our generous community and all they do for Kentucky Children’s Hospital, the health and safety of our staff, patients and families is our first priority. We encourage donors to use the hospital’s online wish list as an alternative to in-person delivery of donated items. We are unable to accept any donations at the hospital that are not pre-scheduled with the Child Life Department.
Thank you so much for your interest in donating items to support the kids of Kentucky Children’s Hospital. Your donation helps ensure that the children and families in our care have toys and other fun items to play with while they are in the hospital at any time of the year.
Kentucky Children’s Hospital is happy to accept donations of “new items” only that are mailed directly to the hospital or purchased from our online Wish List Registry. Donations of “new” toys or other items can be mailed to:
Child Life Department
Kentucky Children’s Hospital
800 Rose Street, Fourth Floor
Lexington, KY 40536
To protect the health of our patients and hospital staff, donation guidelines must be followed.
All donated items must be new and in the original packages.
We cannot accept the following:
- Any used toys, used stuffed animals, used books or used coloring items.
- Flowers or live plants/edible items.
- Latex balloons.
- Candles, sharp instruments or harmful objects.
- Mature-rated games/movies.
- Any items with religious sayings, symbols, etc.
Please complete and sign the first page of the Non-Cash Gift Agreement Form and include a copy with your donation. This form MUST include an estimated value and/or attached gift receipt.
If you have questions, please contact the Child Life Department at KCHChildlife@uky.edu.
Scheduling a donation drop-off
For any donor unable to mail items, donation drop-offs are by APPOINTMENT ONLY. These guidelines must be followed:
- Donations will not be accepted without prior approval and a scheduled donation drop-off with the Child Life Department.
- All donated items must be NEW and in the original packaging.
- Some hand-made items such as (blankets, hats, etc.) may be accepted if appropriate infection control guidelines have been followed. Please contact Child Life for these guidelines.
- Donors should make every effort to limit exposure to COVID-positive environments for all donated items to protect health and well-being of our patients and families.
- Any donor experiencing symptoms of illness on the day of donation drop-off should contact Child Life to reschedule.
- Donations will be accepted only in the approved loading/unloading zones in the visitors parking garage. Directions will be sent with email confirmation of drop-off time.
- Visitors will not be allowed to enter the hospital to drop off donations or interact with patients.
Contact Child Life at KCHChildlife@uky.edu to schedule a donation.
Infant & Toddler Toys: (High Need)
- Infant & toddler (high need)
- Infant toys (no cloth toys please)
- Board books
- Sensory books
- Musical aquariums
- Infant mirrors
- Light up toys
- Musical toys
- Rattles, shakers and teethers
- Stuffed animals without plastic eyes/ pieces
- V-tech toys
- Wooden puzzles
- Shape sorters
- Stacking toys
- Baby dolls (all ethnicities)
- Board games
- Disney character Items
- Hot Wheel/Matchbox cars/tracks
- Play-doh, Play-doh kits
- Wooden puzzles
- Tea sets, play food
- Fisher Price toys, Little Tykes toys
- Pretend play kits (tools, music, medical)
- Non-violent action figures/superheroes
- Barbie dolls
- Baby dolls (hard-bodied for cleaning purposes)
- Board games (Life, Monopoly, Battle Ship, etc.)
- Card games (Uno, Skipbo, Phase Ten, etc.)
- Craft sets, kits, wooden objects to paint
- Lego kits (Star Wars, Superhero, etc.)
- Nerf toys
- Remote-controlled toys and cars
Teens: (High Need)
- Journals and notebooks
- Puzzle books
- Nail polish, makeup, bath lotions
- Complex lego kits, craft kits
- Nerf ball sets
- Model cars, paint, glue
- Sports balls
- Board games
- Bluetooth headphones and speakers
- Water bottles or fun straw cups
- Sports team items (clothing, hats, etc.)
Playroom/Child Life Program supplies
- Gift cards to Meijer, Wal-Mart and Amazon
- Mini bubbles
- Spin lights
- Squeeze balls
- Craft kits
- Paint brushes
- Coloring books
- Colored pencils