For Families & Visitors
Until further notice, only two adult parents/caregivers may accompany a pediatric patient while in our care. This policy applies to pediatric patients who are staying in the hospital and to pediatric patients who are going to an appointment to any of our locations or seeking care in our Emergency Department.
Visitor Policies and Procedures
Parents/caregivers of our pediatric patients are welcome to stay in the hospital with their child 24 hours a day. You are required to wear a green ID bracelet with the patient’s sticker on it that will be issued by the nurse. Parents/caregivers must wear the bracelet at all times and show to the clerk(s) upon entry to the unit. All parents/caregivers are required to wear a mask while in the care environment.
- Visiting hours are 11 a.m. to 9 p.m. every day. Visiting hours are currently suspended due to COVID-19.
- If you want to send cards or flowers, we will deliver them to the pediatric patient’s room every weekday. Your flowers will be left at the desk if the patient is in intensive care. If you have questions about flower deliveries, you can reach our volunteer deliverers at 859-323-6023.
- Kentucky Children’s Hospital Gift Shop
- Hours: Monday–Friday, 11 a.m.–3 p.m. (hours subject to change)
- Saturday, 1–4 p.m.
- Sunday, closed
- To reach our gift shop, call 859-562-1025.
Other Visitation Policies
- If you are sick, please wait to visit until you are well. This includes minor illnesses, such as colds and sore throats. We do not want to risk patients getting an infection, so for your child’s safety, please refrain from visiting until you are better.
- We can give only your child’s general condition over the phone (good, fair, serious or critical). This protects your child’s privacy.
- If necessary, we will provide blankets and pillows for family
memberswaiting for a patient. Please do not bring pillows, blankets or sleeping bags from home.
Visit our COVID-19 visitation restrictions page for more information.