Resources for Radiation Oncology
In partnership with the UK Markey Cancer Center, UK Radiation Oncology provides a variety of resources and opportunities to learn about treatment and recovery. Visit our pages below to learn more.
- Integrative Medicine and Health. The UK Integrative Medicine & Health program uses traditional medical therapies and practices, while also recognizing the interaction between the patient’s mind, body and spirit. With the help of IMH social workers, dieticians and more, these services may help complement your radiation treatment.
- Jin Shin Jyutsu. Jin Shin Jyutsu, one practice provided in the UK Integrative Medicine & Health program, is a practice that uses light touch to assist with pain, stress, nausea and other uncomfortable physical and emotional side effects of treatment and illness. Watch a video of Jin Shin Jyutsu at work.
- Cancer Support Services. In Markey, our team tailors our services to meet your needs as you and your family navigate the challenges of illness and medical treatment.
- Voice and Swallow Clinic. The UK Voice and Swallow Clinic is the largest and most comprehensive of its kind in the state of Kentucky. This clinic provides diagnostic testing, patient care planning and therapy for a range of disorders across the age spectrum.
The following are external resources trusted by our team to provide additional information on radiation oncology to patients and families.
- Tomotherapy Overview. The Accuray overview of Tomotherapy technology introduces readers to the treatment step-by-step. Visit the webpage to learn more about the treatment delivery, planning, studies and more.
- Gamma Knife Overview. The Elekta overview of Gamma Knife technology answers frequently asked questions about the treatment. Visit the webpage to learn more about the procedure and watch videos showing the work.
- TrueBeam Overview. The Varian overview of TrueBeam technology offers background information and resources for understanding this tool for treatment. Visit the webpage to learn more about the procedure and see photos of a TruBeam system.
- Radioembolization Overview. The RadiologyInfo.org overview of the Radioembolization (Y90) procedure offers background information and resources for understanding this treatment. Visit the webpage to learn the answers to frequently asked questions on the topic.
- Radium 223 Overview. The NIH overview of Radium 223 offers background on the isotope and how it is used as part of systemic radiotherapy to treat prostate cancer. Visit the webpage to learn more.
- Halcyon Overview. The Varian overview of Halcyon technology offers a variety of resources for better understanding this tool. Visit the webpage to learn more about the patient-friendly design of Halcyon. (Coming in 2019.)