UK Urgent TeleCare
Traveling to a doctor’s appointment can be difficult, especially when you feel like you’re getting sick. It takes time and effort and can be a challenge when your energy is low or you fear that you’re contagious.
With UK HealthCare TeleCare, expert care is just a video call away.
These virtual visits make it easy for patients with quick-onset symptoms – such as fever, cough, congestion, respiratory difficulties or sore throat – to get excellent treatment without leaving their homes.
Combining comfort with convenience, UK TeleCare ensures that you receive the same high-quality care as an in-person visit. You can be confident that you are in good hands with our skilled advanced practice providers.
Urgent TeleCare visits are available:
- Monday – Friday, 7 a.m. – 9 p.m.
- Saturday & Sunday and Holidays, 8 a.m. – 8 p.m.
For pediatric patients
For pediatric patients (newborn to age 18) with sudden-onset symptoms (fever, cough, respiratory, sore throat, etc.), please contact your child’s primary care provider first before calling for an Urgent TeleCare appointment. Your child may need an in-person appointment, and your regular provider can direct you to the best care option.
Setting up your UK Urgent TeleCare visit
- To get started, call 833-739-0225 to arrange your virtual visit. At that time, we’ll tell you what equipment you’ll need, gather information and send an email with details and a link for your visit. With that link, you’ll take a spot in our “virtual waiting room.” Visits are first-come, first-served, and wait times will vary depending on demand.
- You will need to remain available online until a provider joins your visit. If you’re not connected when the provider joins, they will check back one additional time. If, after the second attempt, you and the provider have not connected, you must call back and start the process again.
What you need to know for UK Urgent TeleCare
- Visits require access to a device with a camera (smartphone, tablet or computer), access to an internet connection and an active email account.
- You’ll need the Zoom videoconferencing app for your visit. Depending on your device, you may need to download Zoom.
- Technical assistance with Zoom is available Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 7 p.m. at 859-218-6221 or 844-820-7344.
- We’ll e-mail you instructions as well as patient consent forms, and you must provide consent by phone or through email.
- A bill for your copay will be mailed to you.
- Interpreter services are available.
- If you need a school or work excuse, please tell your provider. A note confirming your visit and any restrictions will be mailed to the address on file.
Privacy and security
We are committed to the privacy and security of our patients. TeleCare visits will be conducted through a HIPAA-compliant version of the videoconferencing app Zoom. Some of you might have used Zoom for work meetings – our version looks the same, but contains extra privacy measures. It’s also important to protect your privacy, by not sharing your Zoom link.
Items to have available
Although not required, you may want to have the following on hand for your visit:
- List of medications.
- Blood pressure cuff.
- Most recent blood glucose reading, if you have diabetes.
- Most recent weight, if this is a visit is for a child.
These are forms you may need for your TeleCare visit: