State Registered Nurse Aide Scholarship Program
Thank you for your interest in the State Registered Nurse Aide Scholarship (SRNA) Program offered by UK HealthCare. We are pleased to offer this program to support you in obtaining a state registered nurse aide certification. The next 2022-2023 application deadline is Tuesday, January 3, 2023 at 4:30 p.m. The application packets need to be hand delivered to UK HealthCare Nurse Recruitment office, 115 Waller Avenue, Suite 108. Only completed application packets will be reviewed.
- In accordance with the University of Kentucky's employment of minors policy, you must be 18 years of age to be eligible to work for UK Healthcare.
- A scholarship award for selected SRNA training program students will include the costs of the program and the required state test.
- Acceptance of this award will require those recipients to sign a contract of agreement to work at UK HealthCare in an NCT role for a period of one year after successful completion of the program.
- Recipients are expected to successfully complete the SRNA training within eight weeks of the start of the program and successfully pass the state test within 10 weeks.
- Recipients are also expected to obtain American Heart Association CPR certification. The discounted course fee is $40 for Scholars, and we recommend going through Jane Lynch, with CPR Certification of the Bluegrass at 859-608-4377.
- After successful completion of the program and SRNA certification, recipients are required to secure employment within 60 days at UK HealthCare in an NCT role at a 0.75 FTE or higher.
- The one-year work commitment begins once orientation has been completed.
- Persons who fail to pass the state test the first time must retake the test on the first available authorized date.
- Failure to successfully pass the SRNA certification exam within 10 weeks of program completion or after two attempts will result in termination from the program.
- Scholarship recipients that are terminated from the UK HealthCare State Registered Nurse Aide Scholarship Program are required to repay the scholarship funds in order to be considered in good standing and may reapply for NCT employment once they successfully attain SRNA certification.
The completed application packet must include:
- State Registered Nurse Aide Scholarship consent form
- State Registered Nurse Aide Scholarship questionnaire
- Two reference letters from an immediate supervisor and a faculty member (teacher or instructor) or co-worker and must include specific information about why you are deserving of this scholarship
- In-person interview
Place the above documents in a folder and mail or deliver in person to:
UK HealthCare Nurse Recruitment
Waller Health Care Annex
115 Waller Avenue, Suite 108
Lexington, KY 40503
Because of the high demand for this program, it is imperative that your application packet be complete and received in the nurse recruitment office by the deadline. If your application is accepted, you will be contacted by phone or email with the date and time of your scheduled interview.
If you have any questions regarding this matter, please call the nurse recruitment office at 859-323-5851 or toll free at 800-233-5851.
Jennifer Barnes, MSN, RN
Graig Casada, MSN, RN