UK Neurocognitive Diagnostic Service
The UK Neurocognitive Diagnostic Service is a comprehensive diagnostic clinic offering both pediatric (age 5 and older) and adult services. This service is an integral component of the Neurology & Neurosurgery departments at UK HealthCare, which is ranked as the number one medical center in the state of Kentucky and among the top medical centers in the country by US News & World Report in 2012-2013. UK HealthCare also has the only National Institute of Aging-Alzheimer’s Disease Center in the region.
Our neuropsychologists are closely affiliated with this institution and serve as principal investigators and consultants on NIH-NIA grants, investigating methods of Alzheimer’s prevention and improving the assessment and early detection of cognitive disorders. The neurocognitive diagnostic service is also a critical component of the UK National Association of Epilepsy Centers (NAEC) Level 4 Epilepsy Center, UK Multidisciplinary Movement Disorders Program, UK Spinal Cord and Brain Injury Research Center (SCoBIRC), UK Multidisciplinary Head Injury Program, and Comprehensive Stroke Program, which has the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Gold Plus status.
As part of a comprehensive diagnostic service, the UK Neurocognitive Diagnostic Service offers neurocognitive/neuropsychological evaluations that may be helpful in diagnosing deficits due to causes such as dementia and other neurodegenerative disorders, movement disorders, toxic exposure, epilepsy, cancer, stroke, multiple sclerosis, head injury, sports-related concussion and post-concussional disorder, depression and anxiety, and other chronic health conditions.
Our neuropsychologists serve as attending faculty in many programs within the UK neurology department, including epilepsy, headache and pain, movement disorders, multidisciplinary concussion, memory and aging, and stroke. Services provided to these programs include (but are not limited to):
- Comprehensive cognitive and behavioral assessments of pediatric, adolescent, adult and geriatric outpatients and inpatients
- Memory assessments
- Specialty outpatient procedures, including memory and language testing during the ISAP/Wada procedure for epilepsy surgery
- Cognitive testing prior to and following deep brain stimulation (DBS)
- Assessments of children, adolescents and adults with concussions and other head injuries due to sports, motor vehicle accidents and falls
- Post-stroke evaluation of cognitive status
- Cognitive testing for acute and long-term follow-up care for cancer
What is neurocognitive testing?
How to prepare for neurocognitive testing
About neuropsychologists and psychometrists
Appointment information for patients
Appointment information for providers
Wing C, First Floor
740 S. Limestone
Lexington KY 40536-0284