Walk with a Doc
The UK Gill Heart Institute now offers an innovative, fun and free exercise program.
Walk with a Doc, led by Alison Bailey, MD, is a biweekly campaign to encourage physical activity. At each meeting, a Gill Heart Institute doctor will share information about exercise and heart health. Then, the group will take a 30-minute walk. Each walk is free and open to the public, and no registration is required.
Gill staff will also be available to check your blood pressure and answer your heart-health questions.
Upcoming dates for Walk with a Doc are:
- June 12, 6:30 p.m., UK Arboretum, 500 Alumni Drive, Lexington
- June 27, noon, Corner of Rose Street and Washington Avenue, Lexington
- July 10, 6:30 p.m., UK Arboretum, 500 Alumni Drive, Lexington
- July 30, 6:30 p.m., UK Arboretum, 500 Alumni Drive, Lexington
Walking for as little as 30 minutes a day can have big health benefits, including:
- Reduced chance of heart disease.
- Improved blood pressure and blood sugar levels.
- Healthier body weight and lower risk of obesity.
- Enhanced mental well-being.
- Reduced risk of osteoporosis.
- Reduced risk of certain cancers, such as breast and colon cancer.
- Reduced risk of type 2 diabetes.
To receive information and updates about future events, visit UK Health & Wellness.