Building the hospital: Construction updates and web cams
Stay tuned for major milestones as we mark our progress to opening.
Construction web camera
See progress in real time.
Design & Construction Team
It takes a team of talented professionals to design and build a world-class facility, and we are proud that the following companies are helping UK HealthCare achieve our vision:
Ellerbe Becket was the chief architectural firm for the original UK Chandler Hospital. The national design firm recently oversaw the Mayo Clinic Gonda Building.
Renewal: UK HealthCare’s Construction and Facility News
Read current and past issues of Renewal, our newsletter focused on the changes – construction-related and otherwise – happening at UK HealthCare.
- Winter 2010 – New UK Chandler Hospital Celebrates Construction Milestone
- Spring 2009 – UK imaging debuts a first for Kentucky
- March 2008 – Visible changes
- Nov.19, 2007 – New Parking Garage Opens for Patients and Visitors
- August 2007 – UK breaks ground for new Albert B. Chandler Hospital
- March 2007 – Construction to Begin on Emergency Department Entrance
- October 2006 – UK announces design for new hospital
- February 2006 – Message from the Executive Vice President for Health Affairs
- August 2005 – UK HealthCare Construction Begins
View the map of the garage (PDF, 220 Kb )