UK HealthCare Recognizes Nurses
Media Contact: Mary Margaret Colliver, 859-361-1887
LEXINGTON, Ky. (May 12, 2009) - UK Albert B. Chandler Hospital and Kentucky Children's Hospital presented top awards to several nurses during a reception held in their honor on National Nurses Day. There are more than 900 nurses who work in both hospitals.
"It is always such a privilege to honor our wonderful Magnet Nurses during National Nurses Week," said Kathleen Kopser, senior nursing administrator. "Each award recipient who was nominated and selected by peers is an outstanding example of the quality nurses at UK HealthCare. I am proud of each and every one of these award winners as well as all Chandler Hospital and Kentucky Children's Hospital nurses who spend their days caring for and serving their patients."
- Jill Dobias, UK Markey Cancer Center, M.J. Dickson Quality Nursing Care Award
- Leisa Tubbs, administrative support for nursing administration, Karen Stefaniak Award/UK Appreciative Inquiry Quilt of Teamwork Award for Nursing Support
- Stacy Stanifer, UK Markey Cancer Center Bone Marrow Transplant Unit, Nursing Professional Advancement Award
- Tricia Campbell, 5th floor west, Nightingale Preceptor Lamp Award
- Patty Hughes, interim director of acute care services, in-patient cancer services and renal dialysis, Diana Weaver Leadership/Management Award
Clinical Excellence awards were presented to: Beth Lanaghan, 6th floor east; Alana Wheatley, per diem pool; Tricia Nihoris, Kentucky Children's Hospital; Leah Williams, Emergency Department; Yoshika Ishmael, Emergency Transport; Allison Phelps, 6th floor south; Rachel Ward-Mitchell, 7th floor main; Janet Holman, NICU; Lisa Griggs, 8th floor; Rebecca Weaver, Obstetrics; Randy Vance, Operating Room; Patty Draus, PACU; Ashley Guiliani, 8th TU; Betsy Matthews, Endoscopy; Carrie King, 5th floor; Dorothy Robinson, Dialysis; Sue Taylor, TICU; Alicia Raulinaitus, CTICU; Kathy Semones, Clinical Decision Unit; Amy Sexton, 3 north; Sandra Cox, 6 north; Amber Hoehne, 3rd floor, Markey Cancer Center; and Tani Davis, Blood and Marrow Transplant Unit.
Nursing Care Tech Excellence Award Winners include: Rochelle Lowe, Markey Cancer Center; Julie Lyons, Markey Cancer Center; Jerome Sandord, 7th floor; and Nicholas Kearns, Gill Heart Institute.
National Nurses Day, also known as National RN Recognition Day, is always celebrated on May 6 and opens National Nurses Week. The week ends on May 12, the birth date of Florence Nightingale.