Advances & Insights: General Health
Medical news with UK HealthCare expert commentary
Each issue of Advances & Insights summarizes an important piece of medical news, accompanied by commentary from a UK expert.
Subscribe here or call 859-257-1000 and provide your mailing address.
- Allergy season can trigger more than sneezes and sniffles - July, 2011
- Stop-smoking medications do reduce cravings, studies show - January, 2011
- Studies examine radiation exposure, long-term cancer risks of CT scans - April 15, 2010
- Claims of e-cigarette safety unproven at best, experts say - December 7, 2009
- Study shows knee replacements improve older adults' quality of life - December 15, 2009
- Despite need, most diabetics don't receive lifestyle counseling - September 30, 2009
- Stem cell research surges forward with new advances - July 24, 2009
- COPD a worsening health issue worldwide and in Kentucky - September 30, 2008
- Vaccine may help prevent shingles in people over 60 - August 31, 2008
- The effects of sleep deprivation - May 20, 2008
- Decline in smoking leads to drop in coronary heart disease deaths - May 20, 2008
- Caring for patients with chronic benign pain - January 15, 2008
- Scarless surgery on horizon - November 30, 2007
- Study finds long-term heartburn therapy increases risk of hip fractures - February 27, 2007
- Hospitalists shorten hospital stays and improve patient care - January 5, 2007
- New epidemic of drug-resistant staph in community - December 1, 2006
- Report unequivocal about dangers of secondhand smoke - November 28, 2006
- Novel preventive approach to type 2 diabetes studied - November 27, 2006
Get the UK HealthCare information you want sent directly to you. Subscribe to get it by regular mail or sent to your e-mail address.
You may also call 859-257-1000 and let us know what you would like to receive.